Reports to: Technical Director
We are looking for a Lead AI Programmer to join us for the development of the AI programming team. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in the direction and growth of our team.
You will create, maintain, and evangelise best practices for the AI code team. In this role, you will be a champion for quality across the project and collaborate through the lifecycle of the development experience for new and existing members of the team.
You will join an experienced group of talented developers who share a passion. Your skills and perspective will complement a team built on transparency, trust, and integrity; a team who are not afraid to challenge and be creative with new solutions.
Within This Role You Will
- Lead your team to achieve the highest possible quality product
- Work with the CTO, project leads to assist with planning and direction of the work of the AI team
- Help production prioritise and track the work of your team
- Work closely with the wider team reviewing feature specifications and provide AI specific insights where possible
- Design, write and test efficient code that meets and exceeds internal quality criteria
- Contribute to regular code reviews, championing code quality and best practices
- Coordinate your team to ensure milestones are delivered
We Need You To Have
- Excellent code design skills
- Have acted as lead previously
- Experienced in developing advanced AI features and systems
- Experience planning and scheduling work for a code team
- Expert in C/C++, minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working on at least one large scale project
You Will Need to:
- Think critically and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Author technical designs
- Mentor less experienced programmers
- Have a deep interest in Artificial Intelligence
Based in the UK , with offices in Bristol and London, the business is a fast-growing player in AI software development of solutions and services.
Finding the balance between Work and Play is essential. We at Q enjoy hard work and helping people to achieve the best versions of themselves in their working day, we equally respect time out and promote rest, vacations and promote family/personal time.
We also provide:
- Private Healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car, (Salary sacrifice Scheme where applicable to the role)
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (Eligibility begins after 6-month training and probation period)
- Pension scheme contributions